- You can break any motorcycle tire bead quickly with three short tire irons. This works on any tire, tubed or tubeless, car or motorcycle.
Wheels And Tires
Keep everything in line by maintaining your motorcycle's wheels. Regular tire changes, rim inspection and spoke truing insure a safer long distance tour.
- Backing out the alignment bolt on the right side of the swing arm moves the teeth of the rear sprocket to the right within the chain links.
- When it comes to motorcycle tires, the Michelin Pilot Road series will get you from Chicago to San Diego round trip many times over.
- Soaking wet with sweat, bleeding from both hands and aching from head to toe, I made the immediate decision to purchase a No-Mar tire changer.
- This tire pressure monitor system let's you view detailed information for multiple motorcycles using nothing more than a bluetooth enabled smartphone.
- While attending a motorcycle track day, I noticed compressed nitrogen in a friend’s hauler. Having sought his advice before, I decided to do some research.
- It's my first long distance trip. The wisers are on well maintained motorcycles. I'm on an over-packed, 400cc Yamaha with old, worn out Shin Cheng tires.
- This tutorial explains the setting of hub/rim offset and the adjustment of radial/lateral runout. It's important to understand how spoke tension works.
- For lacing spokes, I've built an easier order of operation. There are two important things to consider. For example, different spokes have different bends.
- I researched five different companies across the US that provide aluminum alloy rim repair. For my hard-earned dollars, only one was worth writing about.
Write For T.R.O.
Be it particular to sport touring or universal to motorcycling as a whole, we welcome original third-party content. Document favorite routes, tell tales of rallies past or reflect on that recent purchase. If it benefits modern riding, it has a place here. Your input is invited. Post an article!