Our star spangled catalog of 'Mercan motorcycle riding maps visits both coasts and every timezone in the mainland/contiguous United States.
- If you're looking to ride from one coast to the other, circle the great lakes or conquer our beloved Blue Ridge Parkway, your motorcycle tour begins here.
- Ride above the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains into the densely forested Timberlands, eventually blending eastern lowlands along the Mississippi Delta.
- See the "fourteeners" in all of their glory! Colorado is chock full of impressive routes. It's switchbacks galore in this mountainous territory.
- Chase the prairie dog! Idaho has some of the most exciting routes for sport tour motorcycles. Our route from Dinosaur to Burley remains a personal favorite.
- Hey all you grabowskis! The land of Lincoln isn't as flat as they say. Even Chicago's own Sheridan Road has its moments. It's all in the route planning.
- The world of hoosiers isn't known to be a sport touring motorcycle favorite but hope's not lost! Look to Brown County for some of the finest riding of all.
- John Wayne! Johny Carson! Buffalo Bill! None will be riding with you but hey, their tribute memorials and statues are a fun way to zag through a route.
- Welcome to the "land of tomorrow", where the grass is often blue. Referring to backroads in this state as "scenic" is the epitome of all understatements.
- Follow the North Star and you'll never be lost in this state. Routes both twisty and direct are plentiful, making for an easy to customize riding plan.
- A gateway to the west, you'd be wise to note that the north and south aren't so bad either! The Ozarks alone are a motorcycle tour not to be missed.
- Dear Frank Zappa, we completely understand. Be it Glacier Park, Yellowstone Park or the Bighorn Mountains, great riding is always a stones throw away.
- Cornhuskers! Even with a flat landscape, this bridge between midwest/mountain regions has its scenery. Cottonwoods, Goldenrods and Meadowlarks await.
- Rally in Raleigh! They don't call it the tar heel state for nothing. It's teeming with excellent motorcycle roads, not to mention the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Flickertails and roughriders might have you believe racing slicks and bare seat pans are required but there's plenty of comfortable riding to be found here.
- The triple nickel ain't no joke. Visit the buckeye state and meander along many intensely exhilarating motorcycle routes throughout. Have the chilli!
- Mountainous scenery galore, Oregon is an excellent ride no matter the region. Coastlines, sweepers and switchbacks are plentiful with great coffee to boot.
- Riding your motorcycle across Houdek soil, you'll see a vast expanse beautiful skies and open range cattle ranching. Mount Rushmore is always watching!
- Be it parkways or backroads, motorcycling in Tennessee is as good as it gets. Detouring direct routes is as easy as leaning left and adjusting your mindset.
- In the beehive state, motorcycling's about variety. Whatever type of riding you seek, there's a road to answer the call. Utah remains one of our favorites.
- The start (or finish) of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia's beauty is like no other. The "old dominion" and its cardinals equate to excellent motorcycling.
- The evergreen state lives up to its name. Riding a motorcycle in the fresh air of this pine forest region makes for a pleasant experience in great scenery.
- They call it the mountain state. That means twisties! In a maze of Rhododendron, you'll find countless possibilities to explore with open and scenic views.
- From the Driftless to the Dells to Black River Falls, the badger state has it all for the sport touring ride. Cap the day with cheese curds and craft beers!
Write For T.R.O.
Be it particular to sport touring or universal to motorcycling as a whole, we welcome original third-party content. Document favorite routes, tell tales of rallies past or reflect on that recent purchase. If it benefits modern riding, it has a place here. Your input is invited. Post an article!