- Riding south can help to avoid gusts, gain degrees of temperature and dodge rain. If I'm going to ride my motorcycle south, it's got to be Starved Rock.
Hey all you grabowskis! The land of Lincoln isn't as flat as they say. Even Chicago's own Sheridan Road has its moments. It's all in the route planning.
- Having tested this motorcycle route on my own and knowing what riders might prefer, I’ve taken a few liberties in expanding it's original path.
- The direct route between Greenfield, Indiana and Libertyville, Illinois is lame, especially if you compare it against our path to Columbus, Ohio.
- Along the Illinois lakefront, there aren't many motorcycle routes that avoid the expressway while in search of twisty riding roads.
- I decide to maintain my aversion to the slab, taking the River Road south along the mighty Mississippi before cutting east toward Madison.
- Brother’s Restaurant is a perfect first stop. We then pick up I-80, continuing through the Quad Cities. You can't miss the “World’s Largest Truck Stop".
- This Chicago motorcycle ride follows Sheridan Road along a twisty suburban riding route. It also directs riders away from the dangers of expressway traffic.