Credits: Music by Otis McDonald
We’re looking for sponsors for this podcast. Sponsors are given three focused mentions at the start, middle and end of their designated episode. Their contributions are put towards bettering the program’s content and recording equipment.
RIP Mr. Bruce Brown. Farewell and Godspeed. Watch “On Any Sunday” in it’s full-length form here!
Robin’s Activities …
- Replaced perforated carburetor diaphragms on the Hawk GT
- Broke the same bike’s front exhaust pipe off at the head (thank goodness for rust)
- Packed the Muzzy exhaust can with fresh fiberglass material
Travitron’s Activities …
- Threw a coat of primer on the all powerful moped (50cc Ninja 650 replica)
- Plans to color-match the wheels and add hi-vis paint to the suspension
- Parts arrived in the mail from the most incredible moped parts source ever
Tim’s Activities …
- Toto ain’t got nothin’ on the Clarkezilla Africa Twin
- Bought supersonic underwear for superonic Africa Twinning
- Has CJ Designs to thank for some excellent custom parts work
Updated Site Features and Developments
Gone are the days of “you mean your blog?” … we’re a full-fledged website now! Robin’s working on some big navigational changes to make the user experience more fluid and logical. Our home page now lists all main category topics with their respective descriptions. The bottom of each category page allows visitors to write an article of their own, just like with our individual articles. We also tweaked a few things with our adsense ads (smaller on mobile devices).
We’ve been asked to sign up for the motorcycle podcasters challenge. You might sense our excitement regarding the matter as we repeat the domain name some forty fold. The rules are a little confusing but we’re honored for the invite.
- Motorcycle Trailering Is All About Bondage
- Don’t Be Under A Falling Bike
- UClear Helmet Speakers Are Worth A Listen
- Ride Report: T7 Group Tour (Fall, 2017)
This episode’s interview features Sara Altieri. Sara is a painter and graphic designer who recently relocated to Arizona. She began painting motorcycle helmets when a friend asked her to custom paint his back in 2013. She agreed before testing methods, applications and paints, eventually moving in the direction of pointillism.
“Rich S” of Boscobel, Wisconsin asks …
Our answer …
Yes, assuming the battery is tendered in an above-freezing garage. Outdoor parking urbanites might consider removing the battery from their bike before tendering it in a warmer location. Sealed vs. water-filled systems have their differences as well.
Should you have any motorcycle-pertinent questions you’d like answered, email them via our contact form or by calling (224) 358-3010
This Week’s Mess A La Moto
… brought to you by The Super-Slick, Ultra-Badass Motorcycle Mega-Posse (of Incredible Power)
Where exactly are the rear sets? Clubmans? Hipster “vape” (contraceptive) glove box?
Karakoram Highway …
Again, we’re looking for sponsors for this podcast. Sponsors are given three focused mentions at the start, middle and end of their designated episode. Their contributions are put towards bettering the program’s content and recording equipment.
Tune in next time for more discussion on all things specific to sport touring or universal to motorcycling as a whole.
Safe travels, everyone!